Based on the rhetoric, I conclude that all delegates to the Republican convention in Tampa were business owners. Specifically, men and women who built their businesses themselves, from scratch, with their bare hands. Proud people! Independent people who neither need nor accept help, not from God or anybody. The delegates do acknowledge, however, the positive influence of their parents — impoverished immigrants all — who sacrificed everything so the next generation could be free, business-building Americans. Also allowed on the convention floor were qualified spouses, those who stay at home for the benefit of their home-schooled children.
- Small Business Owners – Choose Your Movement! (grasshopper.com)
- Ohio governor John Kasich to African-Americans: ‘Come off the streets’ to become small business owners (thegrio.com)
- Entrepreneurship Front & Center at Republican National Convention (inc.com)
- Business Owners’ Financial Orientation Differs from Non-Business Owners’, New Research Shows (kauffman.org)
- Are Small Businesses Being Heard This Election Year? (news.terra.com)
- You Didn’t Build That! – Obama’s Message to Business Owners (theprintblog.com)