A respectable business magazine is out with the cover headline:
“It’s Global Warming, Stupid”
Fair enough. Quibble about the causes and terminology, if you must, but face reality.
I suggest two related subjects clamoring for serious consideration in the public square (or in smoke-filled back rooms) going forward:
“Geography Is Destiny”
“It’s Infrastructure, Stupid”
What do you think? Suggestions for additional subjects to include in the syllabus? Extra credit for class participation.
— John Hayden
- PHOTO: Businessweek’s Bold Hurricane Sandy Cover (huffingtonpost.com)
- Scientists Unsure if Climate Change Is to Blame for Hurricane Sandy (nytimes.com)
- ‘Meteorological bomb’ or climate change? Experts eye Sandy’s cause. (smh.com.au)
- Global Warming and Hurricane Sandy? (bigthink.com)
- Climate change, or crap shoot? Experts weigh Sandy’s causes (reuters.com)
- Oh Sandy… (thereinventshop.com)