The Republican Party has exacted a pound of flesh from the people of New York and New Jersey.
It’s more than a slap in the face. It’s a kick in the teeth.
In an apparent act of political retribution against Republican members of Congress from the Northeast, Speaker John Boehner refused to allow a House vote last night on a disaster assistance bill for victims of Hurricane Sandy, who are concentrated in New York and New Jersey.
“He walked off the floor . . . The Republican speaker walked off the floor without allowing a vote.”
The above quote is from a furious Republican Congressman, Peter King of New York.
Speaker Boehner is finished. He must be. Either that, or the Republican Party — dominated by representatives from the Southern states, Great Plains states, and Rocky Mountain states — confirms itself as a parochial regional party.
Self-destruction of the speaker and the Republican Party, combined with the general disarray and dysfunction of the Federal government, would likely lead to a historic political realignment in America. The outcome is impossible to predict. Maybe good, maybe bad. It’s the Black Swan political upheaval of the century.
— John Hayden
- Bipartisan outrage after House skips vote on Sandy bill (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Issa: Sandy bill filled with pork (politico.com)
- Last But Not Least, Speaker John Boehner Goes Mute on Hurricane Sandy Aid After Senate Passes Aid Bill… (bonjublog.com)
- RINO Sell-Outs Sign Their Own Political Death Warrants (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- The official tax collectors of the Obama Regime. – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)