First time ever, in my years of blogging, I’m getting more readers in the UK today than the U.S. I know they’re not visiting for our weather. — John
Your word for today, Black Friday, is: MATERIALISM.
Right about now would be a good time for Barack Obama to change his mind about attacking Syria.
Three days experimentation with a Chris and Kathleen Matthews show was enough. The results are in. Thursday, Chris Matthews is flying solo as he wraps up a week filling in for Andrea Mitchell at 1 p.m. He’s smiling broadly and asking his patented long-winded questions. Still on is MSNBC’s plan to air the Chris Matthews Show exclusively at 7 p.m. That’s MSNBC and Chris Matthews opposite CNN and Erin Burnett, starting Monday.
Something’s different here. Work In Progress has been redesigned. We’ve switched to a new WordPress theme, “Twenty Thirteen,” which I think is a cutting-edge and readable design. Change is good for you.
- The WPlift Roundup of Free WordPress Themes August 2013 (wplift.com)
- What WordPress 3.6 Means For Content Marketers (business2community.com)
- WordPress Oscar Update and Default Twenty Thirteen Theme modifications: Header, Footer, Fonts, Menus,Contents,Sidebar using css. (allaboutbasic.com)
- Twenty Fourteen: Going Further (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
And now, back to work at the beach motel. This will be the first extremely busy weekend of the season. Soon maybe, back to regular blogging.
“LIVES OF THE RICH, FAMOUS & STOOPID” — Tentative working title for my proposed reality TV show starring Gen. David Petraeus, biographer Paula Broadwell, and socialite Jill Kelley. Roles reserved for Gen. John Allen, Natalie Khawam, attorney Abbe Lowell, and crisis manager Judy Smith, if they can prove they qualify.
Can someone please tell me why I have eight views from Slovenia today? And two from Zimbabwe?
CALM BEFORE THE STORM — Hurricane Sandy might become disorganized into a big Tropical Storm by the time she hits Maryland. Or she might roll right over Baltimore as a Cat. 1 Hurricane. Or, if she stays over the Atlantic, Sandy could be Cat. 2 by the time she hits NYC. If she comes inland, hope she at least keeps moving! I don’t want her stopped by cold air from the north, dumping rain and possibly snow on my house for three straight days! — John
- State of Emergency Declared in Md. and Va. as Hurricane Sandy Nears (washington.cbslocal.com)
- STRENGTHENING: ‘WORST STORM IN 100 YEARS’ Dubbed “Frankenstorm” (toolwielder.wordpress.com)